Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sigh. Foster for Daisy, Anyone?!

++Update:
Sigh.

/Update++


One thing I've learnt in life is this:

Respect your gut instincts.

For the past few days I'd a funny premonition that something was going to happen.
I thought the weird feeling meant I might be coming across another cat or kitten in need of rescue. In my typical cheeky manner, I even thought to myself that If I'm gonna hafta rescue another cat, at least let it be black with a full straight tail! And I'll call it Modie Midnight!
[Flippant, that's me.]

And I did also think to myself, Jokes aside CatDonna, you can't take in any more, you're gonna need a foster.

This morning I rescued another animal, proving my gut feel was right.
Not a cat, but a middle-aged miniature poodle bitch.
[At least I think she's purebred; if she's a cross, the other part of her genetic makeup isn't very visible at all.]


Here's Daisy

The vet declared her to be in good health. Also, she's got a lovely temperament: friendly and well-behaved - she's quiet, affectionate and cooperative [bathing and medicating her was a breeze].
She was probably abandoned because of her skin condition, a fungal infection that resembles human dandruff.
That's pointless because this condition looks worse than it really is: the vet says she should recover in a couple of weeks!

Entirely by accident, we discovered that she knows two commands: beg/dance for food, and sit.

She's adopted Lucie's fluffy stuffed duck, and Lucie's not too pleased.
So we're calling her Daisy. Daisy Duck.



Sorry about the red eyes

My point is this:
I URGENTLY NEED A RESPONSIBLE DOG FOSTER AND AM WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR IT. I SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE SPACE FOR ONE MORE ANIMAL ESPECIALLY A DOG.

Sigh.
Spread the word, please?
[I'll write you a haiku *heh*.]

Off I go to call ASD. Oh please God, let there be a vacancy.

CatDonna

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?